11/27/2009

Lady in Red



Connie's "Diane Little Workshop" doll. Finally finished - at least as much as I'm going to do, because I want to Move On to something else. What can I call her but Lady in Red? She started out in a black evening outfit but that didn't go with the accessories we were making (this was supposed to be a high fashion art deco doll!)I messed up the heels of the shoes and then the placement of the holes on the base, so I have her walking through snow (although it looks like bath bubbles or clouds here.)


Finishing up at home, I got to the hair, then realized...I've never learned how to do hair! The first 2 dolls I made had white netting for their hair as part of their costume, instructions included. Oops! Don't ask me or look too close at how I did Lady's hair. :)My favorite thing about this doll: learning how to make such tiny, gloved hands. I also love the body of this doll and may do another one in an evening gown. Still so much to learn, but I have great teachers in Tulsa Dolling Dames!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let us know you visited our page today!